COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) – The annual Palmetto Boys and Girls parade and rally is set to happen on Friday, June 16, and officials are advising drivers to use alternate routes during specific times due to road closures.
From 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. traffic will be affected in the following sections due to the parade and rally:
- I-126 and Elmwood Avenue
- I-126 and Huger Street
- Huger Street and Laurel Street
- Laurel Street and Gadsden Street
- Laurel Street and Assembly Street
- Assembly Street and Blanding Street
The Following roads will be closed to thru traffic from 9 a.m – 10:30 a.m.:
- 1100 – 1200 blocks of Blanding Street, between Assembly Street and Sumter Street
The following roads will be closed to thru traffic from 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.:
- Main Street, from Gervais Street to Blanding Street
- 1100 & 1200 blocks of Gervais Street
According to the Palmetto Boys website, the organization is a state program that is a unique way for young men and women to learn about the American system of government and politics by participating in a mock governmental system.
Source : WISTV